One of the values we hold here at Hello Monday is the value of speaking up.
Why is that? Because we see the value in challenging the status quo and importance of self-expression.
Ways we go about doing this are:
- In listening, supporting and putting our faith in each other
- Practicing open-mindedness and patience
- Creating a safe space to share ideas and speak up
- Being honest and transparent not only to our customers, but to ourselves
- Active participation without fear or intimidation
- To speak up when we are not happy
This particular value is incredibly important to us as we firmly believe everyone’s opinions matters, and sharing ideas and opinions helps deliver the best possible results. Therefore, we emphasis the importance of connecting with each other ensuring that each person is feeling validated and their thoughts are acknowledged respectfully.
For Pink Shirt Day, Friday 17th May, we will stand together to speak up against bullying and harassment and display our support by donning the colour pink. This seemingly insignificant gesture creates a statement big enough to prompt active involvement in making schools, workplaces and communities a place where people feel safe, valued and respected.
“Kōrero Mai, Kōrero Atu, Mauri Tū, Mauri Ora – Speak Up, Stand Together, Stop Bullying”!
If you want to do your part, head on to https://www.pinkshirtday.org.nz/ to see ways you can contribute to the cause.