Great opportunity to make an Operations role your own, and work in a meaningful industry.
- Enviable opportunity to work in a well-established, successful business
- Exciting leadership role with a national reach
- Varied and challenging role with both strategic and operational requirements
This is a newly created position with the opportunity for you to make the role your own and see your impact taking effect.
- Great company, industry, location and workplace (super team of people)
- Senior autonomous role with the change to drive business growth through your management of people
- Full responsibility and the opportunity to make this role your own
About the role:
Based in the spacious, modern head office in Mt Wellington, next to Silvia Park, this newly created GM position sits in the Senior Leadership team and is responsible for all management decisions. Leading a team of 7 including 4 Regional Managers this role is key in driving the delivery of all strategic goals and objectives. Reporting to the MD, the GM is required to build collaborative relationships across all business units, driving a high-performance culture and team which delivers profitable and sustainable growth.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- People Leadership – working closely with the MD this role provides clear leadership, building a high-performance culture through coaching, management and excellent communication
- Strategy, planning and reporting – sales and profitability, develop and implement strategic goals, manage the regions sales, develop business plans and report on all outcomes
- Operational Management -overall responsibility for daily operations, customer service and sales, financial management, key account management and project delivery
- Relationship Management – develop and maintain strategic relationships and networks as well as providing support and leadership to the team
- Strong leadership capability and proven ability to lead and build high performing teams
- Excellent financial acumen – interpretation, analyse and report
- Confidence in highly autonomous roles that require strategic decision making and driving change
- Strong and proven sales record
- Ability to build strong relationships, communicate across all levels and negotiation skills
About the company:
Sign Supplies have been supplying the signage, digital print and display markets for over 35 years and are still family owned. With four branches across the country in Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch, they started back in 1982 by selling signwriting brushes and as the industry changed so have they, moving into a wide range of graphic films, equipment and tools for sign manufacturing and printing.