Celebrate spring with this delicious and super easy one-pan chicken pie with spinach and herbs and topped with crispy filo pastry!
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins| Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little extra for brushing over the pastry)
- Bunch of spring onions, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 250g frozen spinach
- 6 ready-cooked chicken thighs (or see tip below)
- 350ml hot chicken stock
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200g frozen peas
- 200ml half-fat crème Fraiche
- ½ small bunch tarragon leaves finely chopped
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 270g pack filo pastry
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish on medium heat. Add the spring onions and fry for 3 mins, then stir through the frozen spinach and cook for 2 mins or until it’s starting to wilt.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Shred the chicken off the bone and into the pan, and discard the bones.
- Stir through the stock and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and herbs, then remove from the heat.
- Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
TIP: Use 400g shredded roast chicken if you have some leftovers!