This pea, mint and spring onion soup recipe is full of fresh flavours, it’s light and creamy, without the need to use any actual cream, which keeps the soup healthy too – bonus!
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins| Serves: 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g of butter
- 1/2 bunch of spring onion, sliced, plus a few extra to serve
- 1 potato, cut into small dice
- 1L hot vegetable stock
- 900g frozen peas
- 1/2 small bunch mint, leaves picked, plus a few extra to serve
- 85g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy-based pan. When foaming, add the spring onions and potato. Quickly sautee the spring onion and then stir in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is tender.
- Stir in the peas, bring to the boil again, then cook for about 3 mins until they are just done. Remove the pan from the heat, add the mint leaves and whizz in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To make the parmesan biscuits, heat the grill to high. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and divide the grated parmesan into 6 long strips. Grill for 1 min or until the cheese has melted and is lightly golden. While still warm and a bit flexible, release the biscuits from the baking parchment with a palette or cutlery knife, then cool until firm.
- To serve, heat the soup and divide between 6 bowls. Scatter with mint and sliced spring onions, if you like, and serve with the parmesan biscuits on the side.