- Up for a challenge in the field of nursing.
- Flexible, part-time hours.
- Fantastic work-space.
About this role:
This role is based in the elderly care sector, working along side one doctor. The main responsibility of the role is to provide primary care nursing support and be responsible for providing holistic care to patients. This is a part-time role for 30 hours, over 3-4 days a week. You will work closely with the doctor as well as assist on the front desk.
Other key responsibilities for this role would involve:
- Assessment of urgency and severity of presenting problems.
- Undertake comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of patients in a variety of settings.
- Assistance with minor surgery and health screening.
- Promote an environment that enables patient safety, independence and quality of life.
- Ensure the patient has adequate explanation of the effects, consequences and alternatives to proposed treatment options.
- Establish, maintain and conclude therapeutic interpersonal relationships with patients.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Free onsite parking.
- A fulfilling job in a modern, state of the art facility.
- A qualified nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
- Excellent management skills and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Likes to go the extra mile when caring for patients.
- Mature, empathetic, friendly and can take on challenging situations.
- Looking for a long-term career change.
- Be able to use Eftpos machines to process payments.
Please note that applicants for this role must be either a permanent resident or NZ Citizen.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org