One of the most effective ways to find out about your business, operations, team and culture is by conducting exit interviews with departing employees.
This is an area of lost opportunity for many businesses. When you conduct an exit interview you can gather non-bias and honest information that can help you improve your business and make changes that may be blind spots for you.
- Have a set of questions that cover all aspects of your business from sales, product, service, process, operations, and people.
- Schedule the interview before the person leaves and let them know what the information will be used for and that it will be confidential.
- Make it a part of your work culture that you do exit interviews.
- If you can, have your exit interview in person. You can get more information when you are face to face.
- Look for trends if you have a high turnover in areas of your business.
If you need any guidance on how to conduct an exit interview, please get in touch on 09 377 5200 or email@example.com.